Wednesday, October 26, 2016

FabIndia Neem Tulsi Mud Pack - Product Review !

Hi Friends !! 


Our Skin needs regular maintenance and a lot of care , specially when you are going through a bad skin phase .. like acne , de-pigmentation , dry patches , patchy skin and many more issues due to hormonal changes or other environmental affecting issues.

There is a constant degradation and re-generation / skin renewal process that happens naturally , and by using the right products you can make a huge difference in maintaining that cycle.

Since I faced cystic acne issues , my dermatologist strongly suggested me to stop going for facials and go ahead with natural and organic based products to get the skin related issues resolved slowly after the acne is treated.I eventually started exploring different products that could help my skin back in form and that's where I found the Neem Tulsi Mud Pack by FabIndia.

Mud packs basically help in reducing the pore size and tighten the pores , they are capable of removing that extra gunk that we accumulate on daily basis and thereby reduces the pimples.



To know more about my experience with this product .. Please keep on reading .. :) 


Which Brand is it ?? : 

Fabindia is India's largest private platform for products that are made from traditional techniques, skills and hand-based processes.




Fabindia's products are natural, craft based, contemporary, and affordable.They do not test their products on animals and are inclined towards natural and organic products.

Fabindia Neem Tulsi Face Pack helps to tighten pores and purify skin. A perfect blend of Neem, Tulsi and Mulatni Mitti (Fuller's earth)makes sure to clean the skin without drying the skin. Ideal for oily skin as Multani Mitti in it helps removes the excess secretion of oil, Neem along with Tulsi in Fabindia Neem Tulsi Face Pack helps to remove the impurities from the skin keep the skin clean and preventing pimples.


How does it Look and smell like ?: 


Packaging:



  • Packaging is quite simple , it comes in a typical plastic tumbler with a screw cap .An additional lid  is provided to restrict the mud pack to flow out.
  • The tumbler is decorated with simple yet pretty sticker (leafy pattern , to be specific) which makes the packaging really cute.
  • The sticker has all the relevant details about the product that you can refer to for guidance.
  • It has a very pleasant smell that is not over powering on application.


Texture:

  • The texture is very smooth which helps to spread it evenly.
  • The consistency of the mud pack is neither too runny nor too solid which aids in evenly spreading it.
  • The color is dominated by it's primary ingredient i.e fuller's earth , so its light brown .. beige kind of color.
  • There are visible chunks of Neem leaves in the mud pack which provides the goodness of Neem.
  • The Tulsi oil in the mud pack helps to calm down the skin and helps to fights any infections.
  • Time to wash out the mud pack from face depends on how thick layer have you put on your face.Usually you will know that the product has washed out when it stops giving the slippery feel on your face. 
  • Packaging is sturdy and travel friendly.However sometimes the mud pack moves inside the tumbler while travelling, so when you open it the cap becomes quiet messy.It could have been better to have it in tube rather than tumblers , but then FabIndia has this consistent packaging throughout their other products , so you just have to live with it. :) 


 How I like to use this : 

I wash my face with plain water and partially pat it dry , so that there is still some water remnants on my face and its not utmost dry as this helps spreading the mud pack evenly.
Then I take a spatula and take some product on my fingertips and start massaging on my face and spread it evenly avoiding the eye area , hair follicles (yes had a bizarre experience of the mud pack sticking to my hair ) and  lips.
I apply a thin layer as I feel that is sufficient for my skin , else it tends to get very dry after I wash it out.Keep it for a good 10 minutes , it usually dries up quick as compared to other mud packs available.It doesn't feel to stretch my skin while it is drying , so that's comforting in a way.
Final step is to wash it off with plain water till the slippery feel vanishes.Pat dry and follow it up with my favorite face cream.
Usually I feel that it is little drying so using moisturizer is kind of mandatory step for me .

Key Ingredients :

Key ingredients are listed below:

Purified Water, Multani Mitti, Kaolin, Papain Powder, SLES, Cetostearyl Alcohol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glycerine, Calamine, Neem Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Tulsi Oil, Imid Urea, Methyl Paraben, Propyl Paraben, Almond Oil, Neem Leaves.



    How much does it Cost? !! :

    100 ml comes for INR 350/-   Buy Here ! 


    What Did I like about this product ?:

    • It tightens the pore and reduce pore size which I desperately needed after suffering from cystic acne.
    • Neem and Tulsi are excellent purifying agents for the skin.
    • One tumbler lasts for almost 2 -3 months depending on frequency of usage.I prefer using twice a week.
    • It successfully removes all gunk and excess oil and skin is more clearer.
    • I sometimes use it for spot treatment , however the results are not so awesome but it works slowly on the spots.
    • It's organic which I prefer the most.
    • Packaging is simple yet elegant , sturdy and travel friendly.


      What did I dislike about this product:


      • It makes the skin dry , so idealistic only for oily skin.
      • It tingles for 2-3 mins .If you are someone with sensitive skin then I will recommend a patch test before you apply on your face.
      • It didn't do any good to my existing acne.
      • It does not come with a spatula , digging your fingers in the product and using it is unhygienic and can cause more infections for sensitive skin.


        Recommended to use ?? 

          Yes , opting for mud pack twice a week is much better way towards skin care routine rather than going for regular costly facials.So I will definitely recommend to use this one.


          Final Take & Rating !! : 

          Rating would be : 4/5

          If you have already used this product, then please share your experience in the comment section below.Also if the blog was helpful and you can relate to my skin type then don't hesitate to mention it as well . 

          I would love to know your take on the product as well as the blog.!!

          Hope you enjoyed reading this product review !!

          Stalk me on :
          Instagram handle .. beautyandthecode
          FB page BeautyAndTheCode FB Page !
          Youtube Channel : beautyandthecode
          Twitter : https://twitter.com/ShriyaSagdeo
          Business email: shriyasagdeo@gmail.com

          LOVE U All LOADS .. !! 

          Shriya Sagdeo

          No comments:

          Post a Comment