Friday, September 30, 2016

ORIFLAME Pure Nature , Purifying Face Cream (Tea Tree & Rosemary Oil) - Product Review.


Hellloooo Everyone !! 

Today I will be reviewing the ORIFLAME Pure Nature , Purifying Face Cream (Tea Tree & Rosemary Oil). Before I start , let me help you know me and my skin type better .. 

I have the kind of skin that needs  a lot of attention and care .. and if I try to escape the end result is as always breakouts , zits, acne , blemishes etc etc .. I have oily to combination skin where my T-zone is oily and if you have been following my blogs then you must be already aware that I had been struggling with acne and its after effects. If you are also struggling with acne then you may also want to read Tea Tree Essential Oil review - Holy Grail for Acne Prone Skin !!

Now , when I say after effects , it refers to the dark spots and pigmentation that every zit leaves behind as a sad memory of acne existence ! ..

So I have been trying on few products to get an even tone and reduce the pigmentation here and there .. I was willing to try TheBodyShop (TBS) products initially but kind of backed off after seeing the price tag.My search for an apt product ended with 
ORIFLAME Pure Nature , Purifying Face Cream (Tea Tree & Rosemary Oil).


    ORIFLAME Pure Nature , Purifying Face Cream (Tea Tree & Rosemary Oil) 

    This is basically a very light , non-greasy day and night face cream with goodness of tea tree oil and rosemary oil , it helps to re-balance the oily skin , fights blemishes and helps to soften the skin , specially made for oily to combination skin types.. 
    Here "purifying" refers to the process of making the skin more pure and radiant by regular usage. It is meant for oily acne prone skin and reduces spots and pigmentation.For further details please keep on reading .. !

    Which Brand is it ?? : 

     Oriflame is a Swedish based company selling nature-inspired, innovative beauty products direct in more than 60 countries. It does not have pure tea tree oil based cream , but a variant of mixed oils consisting of tea tree and rosemary oil , which is light on skin.

    ORIFLAME Sweden

    How does it Look and Smell like ?: 



    • This comes in a small white colored tumbler with a screw cap.
    • Initially when you open it up for the first time , it is sealed with an aluminium cover , which you can peel off .
    • The cream is very light green colored , non sticky textured.
    • It's consistency is light and non-greasy.
    • Penetrates and gets absorbed in the skin easily.
    • If you feel some tingling sensation , do not worry its just the tea tree oil working on your skin.The tingling is mild and will fade away.
    • The fragrance is nice and mild.
    • Gives a cooling effect on the skin and helps calm the acne.It reduces the redness of the skin too.
    • It also acts like a primer to be a perfect base for your foundation.

    Key Ingredients:

    AQUA, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, GLYCERIN, DICAPRYLYL ETHER, GLYCERYL STEARATE CITRATE, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, DISTARCH PHOSPHATE, CARBOMER, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA, PARFUM, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, METHYLPARABEN, STEARYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLPARABEN, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, MELALEUCA ALTERNIFOLIA (TEE TREE) LEAF OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY) LEAF OIL, LIMONENE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 61570, CI 47005


     How to Use this Product? :

    Oriflame Sweden
    I usually start off with cleaning my face with a face wash , followed by a toner of the same range , then take steam with few drops of the tea tree oil in a steamer , pat dry my face and then apply the face cream (You may skip the steam part , but try to follow the face wash and toner part). Take a very small amount , not more than a pea size amount on your palm and apply on your face in small upward circular motions.Remember to avoid downward strokes else it will make your skin saggy and increase wrinkles in the long run , so always try to do small circular upward motions to make your skin tight and firm.A small quantity of the cream spreads evenly on the skin.
    I usually prefer using it as the first cream in my skin routine , followed by other products like sunscreen on top.


    My Experience with this face cream : 

    I have been using this cream as day and night cream , for the past 3 months now and the tumbler is almost empty , that's why I thought that it was the right time to talk about this product and review it.
    This cream actually works, if used religiously.The aim of it is reducing the dark spots and making the skin more purer and it does that job well.After using for about 1 and a half month I started noticing that the patchy areas seemed more toned and the dark spots had reduced.The cream is very light and absorbs really quick even on the huge acne bumps.
    It does not moisturize my skin so well , but I was anyways not using this as moisturizer.If you are on a look out for something to work on blemishes/pigmented skin then this one is the right choice to try out.

      How much does it Cost? !! :

      75gm is for INR 379/- and it is available at Oriflame (You can check with Oriflame consultant) and on Amazon

        What Did I like about this product ?:

        • Its a very light weight , Hydrating , non-greasy face cream.
        • It helped me in reducing the dark spots , blemishes , redness and get even tone.
        • It has goodness of tea tree and rosemary oil.
        • Gets absorbed well.
        • Fragrance is mild.
        • Suitable for oily to combination skin.
        • Can be used as hair serum / leave in conditioner when used in small quantities.
        • Relatively less pricey as other similar products available in teh market.


        What did I dislike about this product?:

        • It's not travel friendly , since its a tumbler , the product flows here and there if the lid is not tightly closed.
        • Putting your finger in the tumbler to take the product out is not hygienic (specially for acne prone skin) so you need to use a spatula for each and every usage.
        • It gives mild tingles , some may find that irritating.
        • If you are someone who has very sensitive skin , then I suggest doing a patch test on you skin first.


        Final Take & Rating !! : 

        I think it was a good experience using this cream , it helped me with most of the problematic areas and best part was there were no new breakouts on my skin.I think its a good face cream to start the "fixing" process of your skin at initial phases and later on you can move on to some higher end products for re-balancing your skin.

        Rating would be : 4/5 (-1 for bad packaging)

        Hope you enjoyed reading this product review .Please comment below about your take on this product or similar products or any new products in market that you would want me to review.. I will be happy to do so .. 

        Please leave your comments below if this blog was helpful? Any feedback is welcomed.

        Stalk me on :
        Instagram handle .. beautyandthecode
        FB page BeautyAndTheCode FB Page !
        Youtube Channel : beautyandthecode
        Twitter : https://twitter.com/ShriyaSagdeo
        Business email: shriyasagdeo@gmail.com

        Shriya Sagdeo

        15 comments:

        1. Lovely.reviews...thanks for sharing abt this product

          ReplyDelete
        2. Lovely.reviews...thanks for sharing abt this product

          ReplyDelete
        3. Great review.. Exactly described for my skin type.. Surely will take dis product n try religiously.. Thanks so much

          ReplyDelete
        4. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks Shop skin care

          ReplyDelete
        5. Thank you for your post, I look for such article along time, today i find it finally. this post give me lots of advise it is very useful for me. pure dhab

          ReplyDelete
        6. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Rosemary oil for dark spots

          ReplyDelete
        7. This comment has been removed by the author.

          ReplyDelete